September 02, 2008

A story of how wishes can come true . . . .

Once upon a long time ago, on a peaceful, secluded sandy shore at the Mull of Galloway in Scotland, whilst on holiday visiting Granny, a little girl bent down and oh so very carefully traced a message on a patch of pure, sparkling sand.  Grannie had whispered to  her that sometimes, if the sea came up and washed away a wish, it just might just come true . . . the words she wrote?   " I wish we could all live in Scotland and be near to Granny" . . .
That gentle, little girl, for so very long, had a yearning for peaceful, unspolit, countryside and longed to live near her granny & papa her auntie & cousins.  Mommy stood watching, heart aching as her little girl came running excitedly along the beach, rosy cheeked, expectantly, hugging her secret tight. Mommy knew what that sandy message would say, a shared but impossible dream of both mother & daughter

Yet the unimaginable happened . . . Five months later at the door of a their little scottish cottage, surrounded by her precious family, stood that same sweet girl calling to Grannie " could we come for tea tomorrow".  Mommy smiled at those words, & her heart was full.  So fast they had hardly time to blink, magical happenings had happened, and here they were, now living a stones throw from Granny & cups of tea, cuddles & visits galor. A dream come true.

And that is the story of how magic really did happen and my family and I found ourselves living here in beautiful Scotland, surrounded by the heather & the hills & my family.   Who says wishes can't sometimes come true. 

Have you every wished for something so much, but hardly dared to imagine. . . .
*
 To see a World in a Grain of Sand And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand And Eternity in an hour.”
  William Blake quotes

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely story! Thank you so much for sharing it. There is somewhere that I would like to move to but I don't know how to make it happen and am just believing that somehow it will...your story encourages me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Kathie ~ keep believing, i never , ever thought we would make the move either! x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I 'd love to read more of your blog, but physically find it kind of hard .. on behalf of all half-blind middle-agers (and senior citizens!), may I suggest that you use a larger font? I find it really hard to read at the current size, more so with the beige background. So I start reading a post but it strains my eyes so, that I can't get through the whole thing in one sitting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nanzeen, thank you for your comments, i shall take that on board and am trying to make my font larger in new posts, hope it helps.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my wee corner of blog land, I love to hear from you all and will visit as soon as I can.